2. Information We Collect. We may collect information about the Services you use and how you use them, such as data regarding your usage of the Services and activity in the Services. We collect PII, DII, and log information about your interactions as described below.
a. Personally Identifiable Information (PII). PII is information that can be used to identify or contact you online or offline, such as your name, address, email, phone number, photos or audio data, and payment information, or data that is linked to such identifiers. If you create an account with us, make a purchase, sign up for updates and mailing lists, complete and submit responses to our surveys, connection with us on social media, attempt to contact us, or request information about our Services, we collect information about you, including:
i. Account Data. If you create an account with us, we collect PII such as your name, mailing address, email address, phone number, user credentials (login name and password.
ii. Identity Data. We collect identifiers, such as your address, email to provide our Services.
iii. Communications. If you contact us directly, we collect personal data about you, including identifiers, such as your name, email address, phone number, the contents of any message or attachments that you may send to us, and any other information you choose to provide. We may retain and review audio, electronic, visual, or similar information, such as audio call and chat recordings and/or the contents of the messages as required/permitted by law and our recording and information management practices. We will also collect identifiers from you, such as your email address and phone number, when you sign up to receive product updates, offers, and other promotional information or messages from us. When we send you emails, we may track whether you open them to learn how to deliver a better customer experience and improve our Services.
b. Device Identifiable Information (DII). We may also collect DII to facilitate installation and use of our Services, including your device operating system, device name, device statistics, browser, web pages visited, network, applications running on the device, cookies, unique device and advertising identifiers, statistical identifiers, usernames, and similar identifiers that are linkable to a browser or device. This data can also include internal identifiers such as Wallet ID, billing ID, payment transaction ID, serial numbers, account generated unique ID, mobile device IDs, Wi-Fi address, install identifier, member ID, etc. We may also receive and collect other information, such as user agent, timestamps, precise and imprecise geolocation, sensor data, apps, fonts, battery life information, and screen size.
c. Service Data. We may collect data including financial transactions, alert data, and data that is collected for cyber threat intelligence, as needed to provide cyber safety and protection services. This data can include URLs and websites visited, executable files identified as malware, application names and versions, your interface and screen activity, and search terms. Our Services also collect information about your interactions, including navigation paths, search queries, crashes, timestamps, purchases, clicks and shares, and referral URLs. We may combine this data with PII and DII. For efficiency’s sake, information about your interactions may be transmitted to our servers while you are not using the Services.
d. Website Data. When you browse our Services, we automatically collect internet or other electronic network activity information, commercial information, and inferences drawn from personal information about the individual web pages or products that you view, the purchases you make, what websites or search terms referred you to our Services, the dates and times of your visits, and other information about how you interact with our Services. When you browse our Services, we may collect personal data using cookies and similar technologies (e.g., web beacons). Please see below for more details.
i. Cookies and How We Use Them Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer or device by websites that you visit or HTML-formatted emails you open, to make our websites work, or to make them work more efficiently, to understand the effectiveness of our emails, and confirm that you received the necessary communications. We use the word “cookie” in this notice as a synonym for all similar tracking technologies which we use, such as pixel tags and web beacons (collectively “cookies”). The cookies we use include “session” cookies that are erased when you leave our websites, or they may be “persistent” cookies that remain on your computer or device after you leave the website, in preparation for your next visit to our websites. For instance, cookies are used to:
1. Enable the proper functioning of our websites and the proper delivery of legitimate electronic communications;
2. Tailor information presented to you based on your browsing preferences, such as language and geographical region;
3. Collect statistics regarding your website usage;
4. Provide us with business and marketing information and;
5. In some cases, to enable a third party to deliver future advertising for our Services to you when you visit certain websites owned by third parties.
We may have collected the following information from you within the past 12 months: Name, email address, IP address, online identifier, device identifiers, social media username, phone number, billing address, or other similar data. Internet activity and electronic network information: including, but not limited to, browsing history, search history, and information regarding a consumer’s interaction with an internet website, browser, application, or advertisement. Geolocation Data: This will be coarse geolocation data (limited to your current city).
3. Withdraw of Consent. If you provided us with consent to process your PII at any time, please note that that you may withdraw such consent at any time, for any reason or no reason, by emailing us at email@example.com
4. How We Use and Process Information We Collect. We use the information we collect from our Services to provide, maintain, protect and improve our Services, to develop new Services and offerings, and to protect us and our users.
a. We keep and process your PII when it is necessary to fulfill our contract with you at your request and/or where you have provided your consent, in order to:
i. Create and manage your account;
ii. Provide you with information and Services you request from us;
iii. Authenticate your identity prior to enrolling in our Services;
iv. Verify your identity and entitlement to Services, when you contact us or access our Services;
v. Process your purchase transactions;
vi. Update you on the status of your orders;
vii. Allow you to register the Services you purchase;
viii. Confirm that you received the necessary service and transactional emails;
ix. Resolve disputes;
x. Prevent potentially fraudulent, prohibited, or illegal activities;
xi. Manage your subscriptions;
xii. Provide you with technical and customer support;
xiii. Subscribe you to newsletters and send you product updates or technical alerts;
xiv. Send you marketing communications and information on the Services;
xv. Solicit your opinion or feedback and/or provide opportunities for you to test Services;
xvi. Better administer and understand the use ability, performance, and effectiveness of our Services, and communications to you, including troubleshooting, debugging, review customer service interactions, data analytics, testing, research, and statistical analysis;
xvii. Develop cyber-threat intelligence resources;
xviii. Enhance the security of our own networks and information systems;
xix. Improve our Services (including developing new Services) and customize and present content in the most relevant and effective manner for you and your device, including suggestions and recommendations about things that may be of interest to you;
xx. Keep our Services, business, and users safe and secure, and comply with applicable laws and regulations or judicial process or government agencies, and to protect or exercise our legal rights and defend against legal claims; and
xxi. Perform and fulfill other duties as required by law.
b. We are committed to maintaining your privacy, and we do not sell your personal data or use or disclose sensitive personal information to third parties unless for the limited purposes outlined below:
i. We may share PII and other data with companies, outside organizations or individuals if we have your consent to do so;
ii. For external processing - We provide PII to our payment processors, login providers, service providers, or other trusted businesses or persons to process it for us, based on our instructions and in compliance with our Policy and any other appropriate confidentiality and security measures;
iii. For legal reasons - We will share PII with companies, outside organizations or individuals if we have a good-faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of the information is reasonably necessary to meet any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request, detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues or protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of our users or the public as required or permitted by law;
iv. In case of a sale or asset transfer - If we become involved in a merger, acquisition or other transaction involving the sale of some or all of our assets, user information, including PII collected from you through your use of our Services, could be included in the transferred assets. Should such an event occur, we will use reasonable means to notify you, either through email and/or a prominent notice on the Services;
v. We may use DII to operate our Services and manage user sessions, including analyzing usage of our Services, preventing malicious behavior and fraud, improving the content, to link your identity across devices and browsers in order to provide you with a more seamless user experience, and helping third-parties provide relevant advertising and related metrics. We may share DII with third-parties primarily for analytics purposes, for external processing, and for security purposes. We do not otherwise share or supply PII or DII to third parties. We do not sell or rent your personal information to marketers or third parties. In the past twelve months since this Policy was last updated, we disclosed the following categories of personal data to our partners: Identifiers, Network Activity and Information, and Geolocation data.
6. Choice. Like many other companies, we do not honor DNT flagsbt instead offer other choices with respect to third-parties. Many third-partiesparticipate in self-regulation to offer you a choice regarding receivingtargeted ads. Please note that you’ll still see generic ads after opting out,they won’t be based on your activities online. On the web, you can opt outof participating companies by visiting the following sites: https://optout.networkadvertising.org/
7. Information security. We work hard to protect our users from unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of information we hold and undertake reasonable security measures with appropriate confidentiality, integrity, and availability protections. However, since no software or storage system is 100% secure, we cannot guarantee for the security of your information associated with the Services, or any other service for that matter. You can help protect your account information by using unique and hard-to-guess passwords. We retain your personal data on our systems as long as necessary to provide you with our Services, or for as long as we have another legitimate business purpose to do so, but not longer than permitted by law.
8. Children Under 13. Our Website and Services are not directed to, nor do we knowingly collect data from any child under the age of 13 or minors (as defined by applicable law), except where explicitly described otherwise in the privacy notices of Services designed specifically for purposes such as to assist you by providing child online protection features. In such cases, we will only collect, and process personal data related to any child under the age of 13 years of age that you choose to disclose to us or otherwise instruct us to collect and process. If you are the parent of a child under the age of 13 and have a concern regarding your child’s information on our Services, please contact us at the email provided at the end of this Policy.
10. Questions? If you have questions or requests regarding our privacy practices, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.